Saturday, January 3

Maga's Dress....

My mom and dad where here from Oklahoma over the holidays and we had some good times! I received the best gift from my dad for Christmas. My father (as well as my Kansas Mom) has a beautiful voice and he has been singing for years---you always know when he is in the church! Anyway...I asked him a few years back (not knowing exactly what a task this would be) if he could make me a CD with him singing traditional Christmas hymns. Welp...this year that is what I received and it is absolutely AWESOME!!! I cried :) You see to me this means I will always and forever be able to hear my father's voice and I will always and forever have him with me over the holidays. It was the best gift a dad could give his daughter! Guess what all my firends are getting early for Christmas next year... The funniest gift...welp Oklahoma Mom has this...let's say obsession with books. I will clarify that it is a profitable obsession unlike my rubber stamp obsession. She sells books on various different internet sites like Amazon and she is teaching my hubby how to spot a good resellable book. So hubby goes to an auction a few months back and what does he bring home...not one..or two but 16--- yes...that is a one in front of that six....16 potato size boxes of books. Needless to say...we have been scrapping the frost and ice off the windshield in the mornings as my Blazer won't fit in the garage now! Onward...so "ma kettle" is on the computer while she was here...listing some of her Christmas present to turn a profit...( I must say hubby did good...when those books sell she will make some serious $$$)....and she spots this argyle piece of paper on my work table and tells me she would like a sweater made of this. After I think about this for a few minutes...self figured out that there was a pattern in the pile as well for this cute little dress that I had seen my FABULOUS SU! demo make. I don't know whose got the patent and copyright on the pattern...so don't anyone shoot or flame me for not identifying it as yours...but it is super cute. I ended up using the tab punch to make a little handbag with some bling as well...I just took the picture to soon.

No comments: