Saturday, August 28

Change...

So, I often just post cards and then ramble about what is on my mind. Guess it works..for those seeking pictures of cards...you get them and I get to journal a bit. I had thought about posting the "praying for you" card that has been waiting in the wings for some time now. Decided that since I feel a little like whining that probably is not a good combination,lol. So let's just get started with whining...shall we !?!? Why must ALL things change and should it not be change for advancement? I know change is normal...and I did quote to someone just a few weeks ago "if you aren't changing you are dying"...I have become more used to change over the years, somewhat anyway. Change at work is expected...and when it doesn't happen I often end up spouting little phrases like the one above. Change on the ball team seems to be happening more and more as the years go on(that really ruffled my feathers the first year). Change in my child and change in my relationship with my husband...constant and good. So why is it that change at church is making me so dog gone fussy? We had a pastor who pushed a older farm community into this century...and they grew to love it! I think it even strengthened the community. Now, as much as it frustrated me...she could not get everyone to communicate by e-mail. However, everyone felt comfortable with speaking out in church...and a good loudly spoken "Amen" when something moving or right on was preached was accepted by all! In a way, it was fun! So, why do we go backwards? Should some things just not move forward if they HAVE to change? And shouldn't the people in a church have some sort of say about the changes? I understand the word "tradition" but I also believe that tradition is what we make it. It does not have to be what one person says it is or the way it is "supposed to be done". Tradition can be new ways of doing things (our traditions)...and I would think it should be decided by the people. Trust me...just because we would give up a good "Amen" and happily celebrated offereing time with hollering out "what time is it Mentor...offering time", does not mean that all long standing tradition was demolished. Tradition in the little church still remained thick despite some of the forward changes. There are still a few things that could stand to leap right into this century, but that is only my opinion.If change has to happen it should be with forward motion...going backwards just does not seem to be the right direction. But I guess that is just my two cents. I guess as Pator Dee would say...I should pray about it. Maybe "praying for you" is what I should be doing. Funny that "praying for you" card seems more appropriate now than the one I am going to post. Ok done...thanks for reading if you made it to the end of my rant!

1 comment:

Amy Kolling said...

Love the CAS look with this Eva!! Great job!