Saturday, April 16

Blue Skies!!

After seeing a tornado on the way home from work the other night, then one really cold rainy day, we have returned to nice weather and blue, blue skies here in Kansas. The blue in this card reminds me of the sky in Kansas on a gorgeous spring day. We were able to catch a college softball game this afternoon and bask in the warm sunshine!
I made this card last weekend on our girls getaway. I have been seeing the pinwheels everywhere but really wasn't much into it. I saw the girls had a pinwheel die...and thought "self you don't need no stinkin die to do that". Once it became a money saving challenge in my head, I was all over it! This was actually a pretty fun thing to make and I have ideas for more in my head. Of course, I will be spending the money saved from the pinwheel die to purchase a grass die,lol.

Supplies:
Paper: Marina Mist, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip,
White and My Minds Eye patterned paper
Ink: Snow White (PTI)
Stamp: Up, Up and Away (PTI)
Cloud Die and Brown Twine

4 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

This was my favorite card you made last weekend! Love
love the pinwheel and that sentiment goes perfect with it! Do u need me to pick up the grass die for u at scrap etc? They have them!!! :). On another note....where did you sew the tornado? They are scary but fascinating to me!

Jen Carter said...

I loved seeing this in person!! It is so super cute!! Your pinwheel turned out adorable and the placement of the clouds is perfect! :) Yep, grass die is pretty cute too!

Laurie said...

Eva this is too cute! I loved seeing it in person and even better...finally meeting you! I had a blast and can't wait to get together again!

Arlene said...

This is beautiful! Love your work...it's amazing. :)

Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/