Saturday, October 17

Release Day at Erin Lee Creative

 Hello Creative Friends! 

I hope you are enjoying the creative journey of this blog hop celebrating the new release from Erin Lee Creative. The guest designers are absolutely fantastic as well as the design team members. Lots of ideas to spark your creativity. If you are just joining here, there is a list at the bottom of the post that will link you to the next person. 

For my project, I decided to use the Girl Power Stamp Set. The set features an awesome girlfriend trio and some great coordinating sentiments/words. I actually started my card by using the Tie Dye Background stencil. For extra sparkle, I used gold glitter paste on one layer.

I stamped the girls on a white card panel and colored with a light shade of Copic markers and then added depth and shading with Prismacolor pencils. 
I layered the colored image onto some gold holographic cardstock for just another touch of bling and shine. I then stamped the sentiment on a black piece of cardstock and embossed with white embossing powder. I again layered that onto some gold holographic cardstock and placed it on the card. 

Don't forget to leave comments on each of the blogs in the hop for chances to win one of the two $50 gift certificates Erin Lee Creative will be giving away to her shop.

The hop will end on October 24 at 11:59pm. The winner will be announced on Monday, October 26 on the Erin Lee Creative blog. 

You are here---Eva Costigan
Next stop---Ceal Pritchett

Thanks for stooping by! Happy Hopping!

15 comments:

Tiffany PR said...

Love this! I have the tie dye stencil and will have to try using glitter paste instead of ink blending. Thanks for the tip!

Sra. Spitzer said...

Hi, Eva -
LOVE this stamp. I saw it and thought "Good for ELC, to advance the agenda of women." We need to help each other more and advocate more for each other. I thank you for the tip about coloring w/ two types of products for depth of color. I so appreciate your artistic guidance and use your work as inspiration.
Blessings on you now and always -
Lori S in PA p.s. I noted for another blog that as a language teacher (HS), I try to use the feminine pronouns (ella/elle/ellas/elles) whenever I can instead of always using masculine ones. Do what you can, right?

MadeByMeghanK said...

The girl power stamp is my favorite of the release! What a great card!

Cindy Holmes said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I am so loving your color choices for this amazing card!

Susan Carlson said...

Girl power & camo glitz - what a perfect combo!!! Thanks for this colorful, coordinated card! Lovely!

sharon g said...

The shiny gold is just perfect. It reminds me of the old song we used to sing in girl scouts. Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold. These women are good friends, and their support of each other is worth its weight in gold...

Dawn Thomas said...

Your layering of the different mats is simply stunning! Love the women hugging.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the color combo and image! Pretty background design and coloring!

cghundley said...

Fabulous looking
card. The tie dye
background is cool.
Carla from Utah

DorothyA said...

Wonderful card. Love this paper hug! Your background is awesome and perfect for your wonderfully colored friends. I also like the background you have your card on!

JourneyCoachJenn said...

Beautiful! I love everything about your card! Your pencil coloring and added glitter paste bling are fabulous!

Jean said...

Simply gorgeous! you rocked this release!

Eta said...

The gold holographic cardstock just added so much SHINE, I love it! Great stamp

AdeinAZ said...

AHHHH you used my favorite Erin Lee Creative stencil for the background. I love this stencil set so much!! I like the message that this girl power stamp set potrays as well. Thank you for sharing!!

Kathy Mc said...

What a wonderful stamp set and a gorgeous card! This is a great release and fun hop!