Saturday, March 7

New Stuff....

I know that I have previously referred to my fond childhood memories of opening a brand new box of Crayola crayons....oh what a delight!! Well last week I had taht same sensation when my new set of Lyra colored pencils arrived...Oh my...72 AWESOME...so perfectly arranged colored pencils...all sharp points....I am drooling just thinking about them! How neat they look in that tin all lined up perfectly!! I found out about these gems from Paula over at Paper Possibilities Talk about an artist...Paula is amazing with a colored pencil and in one of her posts she mentioned taht she uses Lyra and Prisma colored pencils...so I ordered me some of these....and Oh my they are awesome!! So soft and creamy and they blend like melting butter! It's to bad just owning the pencils doesn't guantee the awesome results that Paula has when she creates---but at least I know I have the tools to make it happen...just need to work on that talent and skill piece..haha! New Releases...next week there will be another Elzybell's Countdown to a release. We will be sharing some more awesome sneak peeks for everyone so make sure you check back often next week.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Hi Eva,

I love your blog and all your beautiful cards and projects! I can so relate to receiving a brand new package of crayons or coloured pencils as a child! I'm wondering if there is a special technique when using the Lyra pencils to get the beautiful blended images that you create or if you just use them like any other coloured pencil? I'm learning how to use my Copics and probably don't need another colouring medium but I just love the look you can create with this pencil crayons. Please stop by my blog for a visit sometime. I'd love to hear back from you. Thanks!