Monday, August 18

Here We Go!!!

Off she has gone...my beautiful young daughter has headed off to college and is going to conquer the world!!
Last week was tough on this momma!! I look back and I am so very thankful that I stopped focusing on papercrafting when I did! It allowed me the time to be with and know my girl, to watch her grow into the beautiful young woman that she is today. Funny, looking back the things that happened that seemed to pull me away from constantly creating were God's way of saying "I have more important things in store for you".

So, I am back to creating and blog posting...maybe someday I'll catch another design gig, LOL!!!
As I made my girl her first piece of mail last night, I realized that I now feel a new purpose in creating. 
With that I am committing to posting at least once a week on Thursday's. 
I'm calling it "Thinking of You Thursday". Each week Ill make a card to send to my girl and on Thursday Ill post the most recent mailing! This should get me started on the whole blogging track again!
But for now (Monday) here is a little something I whipped up recently.

Lots going on here...
 First, I used a stencil and glossy cardstock to make the background. Its so yummy!
I added the little handmade banner (yup no die for that one...its amazing what a gal can do with a centering ruler and sharp small scissors!!) Added a little stitching with my sewing machine.  The leaf die was from SU.

The small flower dies are from PTI along with the congrats die. It is such a pretty card!
Thanks for stopping by and I will see you soon!


No comments: