Sunday, November 2

Curtain Call Challenge

I saw the Boho Brights Curtain Call Challenge and decided to play along as it would require me to work outside of my box. I figured it would make me hunt up a color combo that I have not used before and that it did!!

Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade and Sunshine Yellow...the only frequently used color in that batch is the Lucky Limeade.
I also had the opportunity to eat a little crow here. Just like sequins...I said I would never ever get into this "gold" thing that is happening right now...Oh I certainly ate my words on that!
Not only did I eat my words but I now think I need every word die made so I can cut them all out in gold!! I used gold poster board from Hobby Lobby. 

And the die word...SERIOUSLY.... One of my favorite words of ALL time! The die and You Rock stamp are from Lil' Inker's Designs. I handed my husband my Christmas list with the Lil' Inkers website and ALL of the sticth mat dies. Told him I would be happy with all my Christmas from all family being Lil' Inkers...I hope it meant it when he said OK.  
For the inked piece, I blended the ink on white cardstock and then placed a stencil over the top. I then took a baby wipe and dabbed over the stencil, this pulled ink off the cardstock, creating an awesome piece. The background stamp on the card base is from Heidi Swapp.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Have a great week!
Eva

3 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card, I love your background blending! Thank you so much for sharing at the Curtain Call!

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh! Eva! You knocked this out of the park! Wow! And a happy belated birthday to you. Hope you had a fabulous day.

Mynn xx said...

Eva, this card is so cool! LOVE your use of color and I adore the die cut sentiment--it looks amazing! Your creations just make me smile! I would love to have you to come and join the blog hop over at House of Cards. We have prizes and I'd love to see what you create with our photo inspiration! HUGS! :) Mynn xx